axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Forward references from header to body
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:48:25 GMT
A colleague asked me how the Axis handler architecture is intended to cope
with a header which contains a forward reference to another document
element.

In this situation, is it possible to write a header handler which will
completely process the header or must there be a further handler to process
the header again after the forward reference has been resolved (presumably
after the document element had been processed). I assume the answer may
vary depending on the kind of forward reference, so there may be more than
one case to consider.

If there are *realistic* cases which require two steps in processing a
particular header, then I wonder how well suited the current architecture
is to this case. Clearly we already vary the handlers dynamically in a
minor way in selecting an appropriate service, but header processing occurs
earlier and may not be so straightforward.

Thoughts?

Glyn
[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/architecture-guide.html