axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Seibert <mseib...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: clean targets
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:09:52 GMT

This is, in deed, my next major task. You will note that I attempted to add
a "componentName" property to each file, which would allow me to clean
${build.dir}/classes/${componentName} and ${build.dir}
/work/${componentName}.  I am planning on hooking up the plumbing so that
compile->depends copy-> depend clean.

This is, in fact, to get around the wsdl2java problem, as well as to make
sure that every test / sample re-run is, inofitself completely clean....

I am so glad to see that my planning is actually a good course, as pointed
out by independant observers!

While you're at it, try runing the wsdl/roundtrip test stand-alone.  I get
35 failures when I try it, and could use some extra mind-power on fixing
this.  Once it is cleaned up, then I am ready to go live with this
stuff.....

Matt Seibert                                           mseibert@us.ibm.com
IBM        External:    (512) 838-3656      Internal:   678-3656

Hi Matt,

Very cool that you renamed the build.xml files!  This is so great now, I
can work with the single test I am enhancing/debugging!

A suggestion:
The 'clean' targets for the test/wsdl tests should delete the work
directory that is used by wsdl2java (i.e. build/work/test/wsdl/<test>).

In fact, this should probably be done before invoking wsdl2java in the
compile target.

Keep up the great work!

--
Tom Jordahl