axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Riggs, David" <dri...@asset.com>
Subject RE: Axis Chokes on Complex Types from MS Soap 3.0
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:19:54 GMT
I posted the following message to microsoft.public.xml.soapsdk and
microsoft.public.msdn.soaptoolkit, if I get any useful response
I'll post here (or at least a link to the groups.google archive).
Thanks for your help!

From: driggs@asset.com (David A. Riggs)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msdn.soaptoolkit
Subject: Complex Type Namespacing Problem With MSSTK3

I've developed a test web service that returns a complex data type
(struct)
with MSSTK3 as the provider. The client side is a non-MS toolkit, and
is
complaining that the SOAP response is not what it expects given the
WSDL.

My complex data type looks like this (as generated by MSSTK3's generic
type
mapper):
----------- WSDL Excerpt -----------
<complexType name="Mission">
   <sequence>
      <element name="MissionName" type="string" />
      <element name="MissionNumber" type="int" />
   </sequence>
</complexType>
------------------------------------

The actual SOAP response is pasted below, note the following facts
about it:
- There is no default namespace declared anywhere in the document
- An xsd:type is explicitly declared for the parent element of the
complex type
- An xsd:type is NOT declared for the child elements of the complex
type

It appears to me that these child elements do not belong to any
namespace, and
as such, my client app (Apache Axis beta 3) rejects the SOAP envelope
when it
gets to the MissionName element (complaining 'Invalid element in
org.tempuri.Mission - MissionName').

Can anyone shed any light on this matter?

----------- MSSTK3 SOAP Response --------------
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAPSDK1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:SOAPSDK2="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:SOAPSDK3="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
	<SOAP-ENV:Body
		<SOAPSDK4:GetMissionsObjResponse
xmlns:SOAPSDK4="http://tempuri.org/TestWebService/message/">
			<Result href="#id1"/>
		</SOAPSDK4:GetMissionsObjResponse>
		<SOAPSDK5:Mission
xmlns:SOAPSDK5="http://tempuri.org/TestWebService/type/"
id="id1" SOAPSDK3:root="0" SOAPSDK2:type="SOAPSDK5:Mission">
			<MissionName>Test Value</MissionName>
			<MissionNumber>42</MissionNumber>
		</SOAPSDK5:Mission>
	</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Thanks,
David A. Riggs
Science Applications International Corp.