axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Riggs, David" <dri...@asset.com>
Subject RE: Axis Chokes on Complex Types from MS Soap 3.0
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:45:26 GMT
The example I've given seems very similar to the example SOAP
response given in the W3C SOAP spec containing a struct
[http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#_Toc478383541] (example 8)

------------- W3C SOAP Response Example -----------------
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
  SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
       <m:GetLastTradePriceResponse xmlns:m="Some-URI">
           <PriceAndVolume>
               <LastTradePrice>34.5</LastTradePrice>
               <DayVolume>10000</DayVolume>
           </PriceAndVolume>
       </m:GetLastTradePriceResponse>
   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The significant similarities between my MSSTK3 example and
this one are:
- No default namespace declared
- No namespace declared explicitly for sub-elements of complex type
- No xsd:type declared for the sub-elements of a complex type

Based on what I've seen, I don't believe that Axis beta 3
would be able to properly handle this response (given the
proper WSDL of course). As stated in a previous message,
WSDL2Java generates the proper client side code, but Axis
complains about an 'invalid element' when it recieves the
SOAP response.

Am I missing some significant difference between these two
examples?

(sorry to pick this back up after half a week of silence,
browse entire thread here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=102865982600005&r=1&w=2 )

David A. Riggs
Science Applications International Corporation - SAIC
 (304)284-9000x201                  driggs@asset.com

MissionNumber as