axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject Build issues
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:54:05 GMT

Hi all,

A few things:

Did we every figure out why axis.properties is used for?
Is seems to be referenced in only 3 build files:

$ find . -type f -name "*.xml" -print | xargs fgrep axis.properties
./test/wsdl/interop3/emptysa.xml:    <property file="axis.properties"/>
./test/wsdl/interop3/import1.xml:    <property file="${basedir}/axis.properties"/>
./test/wsdl/interop3/RPCEncD.xml:    <property file="axis.properties"/>

Is has some old stuff in it and I was going to update it, but if its just a leftover...

Why do I get lots of these messages in the 'setenv' target when I build:

setenv:
[available] DEPRECATED - <available> used to override an existing property.
[available]   Build file should not reuse the same property name for different values.

Can we remove the use of <available> since we require ant 1.5 to build?

Why does this step *always* happen when I compile from the top level?

compile:
     [echo] Compiling tools.ant
     [echo] Building ForEach
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to D:\dev\xml-axis\java\build\tools
     [echo] Building RunAxisFunctionalTest
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to D:\dev\xml-axis\java\build\tools
     [echo] wsdl2java and java2wsdl
    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to D:\dev\xml-axis\java\build\tools
      [jar] Building jar: D:\dev\xml-axis\java\build\lib\axis-ant.jar

Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development