axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <>
Subject RE: Local vs. non-local accessors (was Axis Chokes on Complex Typ es from MS Soap 3.0)
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:49:43 GMT
Hi Brenda!
While I agree with your point, I think most of the services in question are likely going to
be in document/literal mode, and not encoded.  I also don't think SOAP 1.1 defined what it
meant by "local" very well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brenda Bell []
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 11:40 AM
To: ''
Subject: RE: Local vs. non-local accessors (was Axis Chokes on Complex Typ es from MS Soap

Hi Glen.  I work for a company who has been researching Web Services for better than a year,
mostly from a client perspective... and a fair amount of our activities in this area has been
centered around potential partnerships with companies who provide data through Web Services.
 If you look at something like SAP, the trend we're seeing is that independent system integrators
are developing web services that sit on top of SAP with each integrator defining his own schema.
 It's too early to tell which way the wind will blow, but I'm expecting to see a migration
from independently managed schemas to schema repositories managed by the source... e.g., SAP.
 Also, MS's recent partnership with Price-Waterhouse to create an XBLR-based Web Service seems
to be yet another push getting people to buy into XBRL.

These are just two example of where you'd potentially see non-local types.  My personal opinion
is that we'll see this kind of usage sooner than we think.

View raw message