axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: PLEASE REVIEW: Fw: cvs commit: xml-axis/java buildTest.xml
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 14:09:23 GMT

+1 on getting build.xml files for each test directory.

--
Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 1:40 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: PLEASE REVIEW: Fw: cvs commit: xml-axis/java buildTest.xml

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Daniels" <gdaniels@macromedia.com>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 08:29

> Hi guys!
>
> Here's what I really don't like about this approach: if you add a new
test, you need to add a test "name" for that at the top level, and you have
to call everything from the top.

> I would VASTLY prefer (even to the point of waiting on this stuff) having
the individual test build.xml files just work from their own directories.
That way we don't need to keep a "master list" anywhere which needs
updating, you could just have the top level look for "build.xml"s (or
buildComponent.xml at present) in any directory under test/ and run them.

Note that httpunit demos a build.xml that can be called from the local
directory; just cd there and go 'ant'...this build.xml should work in other
test directories with ease