axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <>
Subject [WSIF] Re: Requesting some help
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2002 18:17:38 GMT
"Raman N. Chikkamagalur" wrote:

> Hi Aleksander,

hi Raman,

> Firstly, I apologize for sending you this mail directly. I tried for
> long to post this message on the WSIF discussion list but there seemed to be some
> problem with the server. Since you seemed to have knowledge about using
> Complex-Types in I thought of sending this mail to
> you. I would be glad if you could help me by answering my question.

did you try to send your question to axis-dev - it is now official list for WSIF, see for

> Question:
> =========
>   I tried to modify the program so that it can handle
> complex types. Since we cannot pass instances of complex types by
> command line arguments I instantiated the objects inside the program. When
> I ran my program I got a
> deserialization exception (Pasted at the end of this posting).
> How do we register serializers and which WSIF apis should we use. I saw
> the the "AddressBook" example.  But this follows a different programming
> model and it is not as flexible  as (for eg. It is
> difficult to handle multiple outputs using AddressBook example)
> Hence, I am more interested in the programming model.
> I read that JDOM could be used with WSIF to get a programming model
> similar to DynamicInvoke. I would be glad if you
> please let me know of any sample code that uses WSIF with JDOM.

i think what you need is generic and dynamic representation of
any xsd type you may use without need to map to java class,
otherwise you need ot have on CLASSPATH not only class
but also register serializer and deserialzier (at least for Apache SOAP).

there are more dynamic representation of type instance either
as XML stream directly, document object models (DOM or JDOM)
or some closer to actual type systems (such as JROM).

please get the latest WSIF from apache, experiment with it and
then post results to the mailing lists and i am sure people will
be willing ot help you but you need ot be more specific: would you
like for example such dynamic handling of complex types work with
every WSIF provider (apache soap, axis, java-local, jms etc.) or
to make it only working with one WSIF providers. how exactly input
to DynamicInvoker should be represented (as XML string, JDOM etc.)?