axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Sampaleanu <colin...@exis.com>
Subject Java2WSDL: unable to generate argument names for methods in interfaces
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 19:48:21 GMT
Currently Java2WSDL is unable to generate argument names for methods in
interfaces, due to the fact that javac doesn't actually put out this
information when writing .class files for interfaces (or abstract
methods in normal classes either).

Generating WSDL with proper argument names would be a lot more useful
though, instead of in0, in1, etc.. One way I can see to do it is to
actually parse the source files. The .class files have all the info
needed to locate corresponding source, given a source base directory fed
to Java2WSDL, and the parsing would (I think) be relatively simple.

Does anytbody else think this is useful? Am I missing something?