axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject activation dependency (was RE: javax.xml.rpc.DiscoveryException)
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 22:34:02 GMT
Richard,

Dependency on javax.activation was introduced by JAXRPC/SAAJ compliance. JAXRPC contains
SOAPMessageContext(http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/jaxrpc-0_9-javadocs/javax/xml/rpc/handler/soap/SOAPMessageContext.html)
that needs SAAJ's SOAPMessage
(http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/api/javax/xml/soap/SOAPMessage.html), SOAPMessage
in
turn needs AttachmentPart
(http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/api/javax/xml/soap/AttachmentPart.html) which in
turn
uses activation jars...

About the build.xml, am sorry the comments in build.xml are misleading...But when you run
build.xml, activation is listed as a required component...See
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-axis/java/xmls/targets.xml?annotate=1.4

Thanks,
dims

=====