axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Ant Logic
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:44:22 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Seibert" <mseibert@us.ibm.com>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 8:19 AM
Subject: Ant Logic

> Odd ant question for you guys.... I want to make a block that reads:
>
> <available property="<property>" classname="<class>"/>
>
> to be more like this:
>
> if ( ! ${property} ); then
> <available property="<property>" classname="<class>"/>
> fi
>
> how do I do this in Ant?  I THINK I use the <condition> tags, and I found
> an ISSET condition, but I cannot find a good example of how to use it, and
> the syntax I am using is apparently wrong.....

well, you could merge it into one condition:

<condition property="myprop">
    <and>
        <available classname="<class>"/>
    </and>
</condition>

but since condition doesnt print the warning (just an override ignored
message in -verbose), you could just do

<condition property="myprop">
        <available classname="<class>"/>
</condition>

but I would maybe not bother with this because ant1.5.1, due out later this
month, will not print the deprecation messages if the newvalue==the
oldvalue. The CVS versions do this as of last night, as I didnt like the
messages either.

-steve