axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: checkstyle on axis
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2002 04:04:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Jordahl" <tomj@macromedia.com>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 13:11
Subject: RE: checkstyle on axis

> +1
>
> This stuff is pretty cool.  It seems like this would be great if we could
clean up the code base and get the checkstyle target in on the 'all-tests'
target.  This would enforce the coding styles in a easy to follow and
enforce way.

I'm going to back off on any attempts to run jalopy over the code. I tried a
bulk run against a personal project and hat to recover the orginals from CVS
straight after; some of the files didnt make it out the run.

We can do case by case cleanup with the jalopy plugin for jedit or eclipse,
maybe.

I wouldnt worry about hard coding the stye check into alltests; it is one
fussy system. It wont you have any 'struct' style classes for which you dont
have accessor methods, and other things I need in my code. But we should aim
for under a 1000 messages.