axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject changes to servlets
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:42:34 GMT
I have just committed the Axis and Admin servlet patches to bind them to the
AxisServletBase base class; this is a class to keep communal stuff to these
and other servlets in one place.

I've been running with this change for about 4-6 weeks, and went through the
functional and httpunit tests 3 times in arow before committing.

so, barring one httpunit failure, this change does not break any of the
tests. The httpunit failure is because I just changed the test for an
invalid WSDL to return a 404 -right now we are getting 500 back. This is not
an artifact of my change, the behaviour is the same as it was before, that
is, incorrect. AxisServlet does have the code to try and send back a 404 on
an incorrect WSDL, but that code aint being run, instead an AxisFault is
being thrown before that code is reached.

Does this mean everything is perfect? I am still unhappy with the lifecycle
stuff. AxisServlet assumed that the lifecyle of the engine was bound to the
servlet, though AdminServlet grabbed it from inside that object, and other
code that needed to enum running services (mine, presumably WSIF)  also
needed to get at the engine.

It needs more work. Servlet 2.3 lifecycle stuff would be best, but I wonder
if we can/should abandon 2.2 support.

I want to add an extra happy page that looks at the engine now, unless
someone else gets there first.

-Steve