axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Don.K...@sybase.com
Subject AXIS valdation questions
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:50:47 GMT
To whom it may concern,  let me begin by explaning I am a first time user
of AXIS and Tomcat.  I was wondering were to go on your web site to ask
questions about validating the AXIS install or install questions in
general.   When I ran the "Validate the local installations configuration"
from your web site I got back the following:

Examining webapp configuration
Needed Components
Found SAAJ API (javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage) at D:\Apache Tomcat
4.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\saaj.jar
Found JAX-RPC API (javax.xml.rpc.Service) at D:\Apache Tomcat
4.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\jaxrpc.jar
Found Apache-Axis (org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet) at D:\Apache
Tomcat 4.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\axis.jar
Found Jakarta-commons logging (org.apache.commons.logging.Log) at D:\Apache
Tomcat 4.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar
Found IBM's WSDL4Java (com.ibm.wsdl.factory.WSDLFactoryImpl) at D:\Apache
Tomcat 4.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\wsdl4j.jar
Found JAXP implementation (javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory) at D:\Apache
Tomcat 4.0\common\lib\xerces.jar
Found Activation API (javax.activation.DataHandler) at D:\Apache Tomcat
4.0\common\lib\activation.jar
Optional Components
Found Mail API (javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage) at D:\Apache Tomcat
4.0\common\lib\mail.jar
Warning: could not find class org.apache.xml.security.Init from file
xmlsec.jar
Attachments will not work
See <http://xml.apache.org/security/>
Warning: could not find resource server-config.wsdd
There is no a server configuration file;run AdminClient to create one<H3The
core axis libraries are present. 1 optional axis library is missing
Note: On Tomcat 4.x, you may need to put libraries that contain java.* or
javax.* packages into CATALINA_HOME/commons/lib
Note: Even if everything this page probes for is present, there is no
guarantee your web service will work, because there are many configuration
options that we do not check for. These tests are necessary but not
sufficient

I am not sure how to respond to this warning message:  Note: The "
server-config.wsdd" is in the axis.jar file located in my "D:\Apache Tomcat
4.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib" directory.  Also what is meant by run
AdminClient

I would apprecate anyone that can point me in the right direction

Thanks, Don