axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From d..@us.ibm.com
Subject Return type
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:06:34 GMT
If I create a Service object and a Call object w/o any WSDL
and then call addParameter() I get an error saying that
I _must_ also specify a return type.  Why do we require this?
If the return type is so important then it should not be triggered
based on me calling addParameter it should just be required
in all cases.  With the current logic if I have a no-arg method
I won't get this error, but if I have a one-arg method I will.  This
inconsistency isn't good.  Personally, I'd prefer if we didn't
require it at all.  Can someone explain the logic here?
-Dug