axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From mseib...@us.ibm.com
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-axis/java buildTest.xml
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:20:34 GMT

I've been looking at this issue today (Ant 1.4.x versus Ant 1.5.x) and Ant
1.5.x DOES provide quite a bit of new function (such as the basename and
dirname built-in tasks for breaking down filenames).  The upgrade for me
(running on linux) was to simply download the latest Ant 1.5 binary dist,
and then move my old soft link (which was ant->jakarta-ant-1.4.1) over to
the new ant, and everything runs swimmingly on the original compiles, and
the things I'm trying to do new.....

The upgrade is painless (I think) but it MUST be synchronized.  I will
almost require that ant 1.5 be used before I can adequately get to Phase 3
of the test and samples stuff, so maybe there is no time like the present?

Matt Seibert                                           mseibert@us.ibm.com
IBM        External:    (512) 838-3656      Internal:   678-3656

                      Russell

                      Butek/Austin/IBM@        To:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                      IBMUS                    cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: cvs commit: xml-axis/java buildTest.xml

                      07/23/2002 13:14

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

I dunno. I'm -0 on requiring ant 1.5. A lot of folks might be currently
using 1.4. It's not particularly old. And it might be a nuisance for some
folks to upgrade. Does it really buy us much?

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com