axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "jaeho Lee" <bcma...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem in running AXIS security sample
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:58:49 GMT
Hi

I am running Tomcat4.0 and J2SDK1.4.0 on Windows 2000 Pro.
While I was working on the security sample, demonstrating how to use the
Axis architecture to add  digital signatures to my application, because of
the error I cannot run this sample. Could you please give me some advice on
this matter?

Basically, I have two problems. My problems are as follows.
1. error message "Incompatible object argument for function call."
2. if i click on (wsdl) for LogTestService deployed Web service to make
sure, my web service is NOT up and running (Nothing shows up).

I changed service name to "LogTestService" instead of using
"http://localhost:/8080/LogTestService".

Here is what i did.

  <!-- define the logging handler configuration -->
<handler name="track" type="java:samples.security.LogHandler">
  <parameter name="filename" value="MyService.log"/>
</handler>

<!-- define the service, using the log handler we just defined -->
<service name="LogTestService" provider="java:RPC">
  <requestFlow>
   <handler type="track"/>
  </requestFlow>

  <parameter name="className" value="samples.security.Service"/>
</service>

</deployment>

And then, after i run the Tomcat, if i try to run the client application, I
get this error messages -->

:  Exception in thread "main" java.lan.VerifyError: <class"
org/apache/xml/security/utils/IdResolver, method: registerElementById
signature: <Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;Ljava/lang/String;>V> Incompatible object
argument for function call.

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-1999 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>cd ax*

C:\axis-1_0>cd samples

C:\axis-1_0\samples>cd security

C:\axis-1_0\samples\security>java samples.security.Client
Beginning Client signing...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/xml/securit
y/utils/IdResolver, method: registerElementById signature:
(Lorg/w3c/dom/Element
;Ljava/lang/String;)V) Incompatible object argument for function call
        at
org.apache.xml.security.utils.resolver.implementations.ResolverFragme
nt.engineResolve(ResolverFragment.java:141)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.utils.resolver.ResourceResolver.resolve(Resou
rceResolver.java:294)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.dereferenceURIandPerformT
ransforms(Reference.java:480)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.getReferencedBytes(Refere
nce.java:541)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.calculateDigest(Reference
.java:566)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.generateDigestValue(Refer
ence.java:439)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Manifest.generateDigestValues(Manif
est.java:211)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.sign(XMLSignature.java
:422)
        at
samples.security.SignedSOAPEnvelope.init(SignedSOAPEnvelope.java:149)

        at
samples.security.SignedSOAPEnvelope.<init>(SignedSOAPEnvelope.java:10
7)
        at samples.security.Client.main(Client.java:80)

Also, if i go to the start page of the webapp, i can see that Web Services
registered. But if i click on (wsdl) for LogTestService deployed Web service
to make sure that my web service is up and running, nothing shows up.

Colud you please help me out with this problem.
I am looking forward to hearing from you
Thank you very much

Best Regards

FYI : My PC : Pentium III, windows 2000 pro, Java 2 SDK 1.4.0