axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: JBoss.net deployment stopped by java.lang.LinkageError
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:16:21 GMT

The code that uses tt-bytecode is pluggable.  See org.apache.axis.components.bytecode.
You can replace the default with BCEL, serp or javap.  I am currently working on a built-in
piece of code that will do the work required by axis without requiring any external jar file.
 See Builtin.java in this package.

Since Axis is only looking for parameter names (in bytes that is built with debug), this is
a simple task and we shouldn't need to use any external package.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Munz [mailto:mmunz@apelon.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 4:15 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org; axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: JBoss.net deployment stopped by java.lang.LinkageError

Hello Axis Users and Developers,

  I have registered a bug #10879 in the bug database regarding a runtime
incompatibility between jre1.4.1 and tt-bytecode.jar, upon which axis is
apparently dependant.  I have a couple of questions relating to this.

  1) What version of tt-bytecode.jar is this?  The manifest says "1.0", but
the File List for the tech trader project
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15912) only shows
versions 2.1.1 - 2.1.3.

  2) Will Axis be migrating to tt-bytecode's successor, serp, anytime in the
near future?

  Thanks for your help.  I apologise for "broadcasting" this message to both
mailing lists, but I wasn't sure which was more appropriate.  Also, please
cc: mmunz@apelon as I am not a subscriber to either list.

  - Matt Munz
    mmunz@apelon.com