axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Property Descriptor Caching
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:30:35 GMT

+1
--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia

-----Original Message-----
From: scheu@us.ibm.com [mailto:scheu@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 3:21 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Property Descriptor Caching

Every time a Bean/Simple Serializer/Deserializer is invoked, it constructs
a PropertyDescriptor array (and possibly PropertyDescriptor Map).

I have code in my sandbox that should improve performance.

I added the following two methods to TypeDesc, which get and cache the
array and map:

public BeanPropertyDescriptor[] getPropertyDescriptors();
public Map getPropertyDescriptorMap();  // propertyMap used in the
Bean/Simple Deserializers

I changed the Bean/Simple Serializer/Deserializer to get the
propertyDescriptor array/map via the above methods.

Having these methods on the TypeDesc allows extended serializers to
get/cache this information in a uniform way.

Any objections to adding this code?

Rich 'Shirley' Scheuerle
IBM WebSphere & Axis Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)