axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Q about Call.invokeEngineOneWay()
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:03:44 GMT

I believe we should not just toss it off and hope for the best.
We should verify that we at least *sent* the message.

--
Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels [mailto:gdaniels@macromedia.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 1:47 PM
To: Axis-Dev (E-mail)
Subject: Q about Call.invokeEngineOneWay()

If we make a one-way call, as it stands there is really no way to notice that an error has
occurred unless you look in the log (no exceptions are thrown).

Would it make sense to have the one-way invocation be synchronous up to the point that the
transport sender does its thing - in other words, should we see exceptions if the message
can't be sent for some reason?  This could still be done with a thread, but we'd hold the
main thread until the worker thread had successfully sent the message or registered an error...

Thoughts?

--G