axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: serializer not needed
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:17:08 GMT
A little more detail, please?  I just tried this with a message-style service, and it works
fine with no mappings.

Are you using an RPC-style service?  That will force deserialization, which might force reserialization
on the response side.  I would expect you'd have problems deserializing, though, not reserializing,
in that case.  More details would really help.

Thanks,
--Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: dug@us.ibm.com [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 7:52 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: serializer not needed

If Axis is acting as a sort of gateway where it sends the
request off to another machine to do the actual work, but
there's a response side handler (on the gateway axis)
that asks for the message as a String apparently Axis
requires a typemapping for all of the types in the message
because it tries to serialize (yes serialize) something.
Does this make sense to anyone? Why would asking
for the XML as a String require it to go thru any serializer
or deserializer code? Requiring an intermediary to
have ALL typemapping like this (which means having
to have all of the Java objects as well) isn't a good
thing.
-Dug