axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: [axis] VOTE: drop redesigned test and samples process
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:37:51 GMT
+1, or just send the patches to the list.  I'd definitely like to take a gander.

--G

-----Original Message-----
From: butek@us.ibm.com [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 1:47 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: [axis] VOTE: drop redesigned test and samples process

Matt, why don't you zip up your phase 1 work and send it to me. I can put it out on xml.apache.org
and folks can get a look at it.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:

Sorry, but I guess my note from yesterday wasn't quite clear. I am ready to drop phase 1 of
the test and samples redesign work, but need to get back a few +1s before doing it, so that
I feel better. Here is the description of PHASE 1:
1) Componentizes the compilation of the samples and tests
2) Generalizes properties and paths into includeable XML files
3) Does NOT replace or diff anything in the current process
4) Will alow you guys to see how this new fanlged thing works, without regressing anything
(I hope)
5) Includes a HTML file describing what goes into this new syste,

Once this is done, over the next week, I would propose PHASE 2, which is to replace the contents
of the "samples" and "buildTest" in build.xml with the calls into my buildSamples.xml and
buildTest.xml files, reducing the code overhead in build.xml, and beginning the componentization
finalization.

Then, I can effectively begin PHASE 3, which is to componentize the test execution, and group
the tests into groups based on local resource use or internet resource use, and allow a single
test or sample to be built and executed, which is the final goal.

Please let me know that I can begin Phase 1. Once this is all in place, and I begin Phase
2 I will send out all the applicable diffs at that time. When I get to Phase 3, the diffs
will be on a "test by test" or "sample by sample" basis, and should therefore be more manageable....

Matt Seibert mseibert@us.ibm.com
IBM External: (512) 838-3656 Internal: 678-3656