axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: error in wsdd processing
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:00:30 GMT
On it, thanks!

--G

-----Original Message-----
From: dug@us.ibm.com [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 8:54 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: error in wsdd processing

Changing the stockquote wsdd file so it looks like:
<deployment name="test" xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"

 <chain name="checks">
   <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthenticationHandler"/>
   <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthorizationHandler"/>
 </chain>

 <service name="urn:xmltoday-delayed-quotes" provider="java:RPC">
   <parameter name="className" value="samples.stock.StockQuoteService"/>
   <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="getQuote test"/>
   <parameter name="allowedRoles" value="user1,user2"/>

   <requestFlow>
     <chain type="checks"/>
   </requestFlow>
 </service>

</deployment>

The key changes are:
- defined a "checks" chain
- use that chain in the request flow of my service

This will fail in that the "checks" chain will never be executed. If I replace
<chain type="checks"/> with the list of handlers then it works.

Don't have time at this minute (hopefully later today) to look at it but I wanted
to get it out there in case someone can find the time to see what's going on.
This is a pretty critical bug for us.
thanks,
-Dug