axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Geuer-Pollmann <maill...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Subject Re: Problem in running AXIS security sample
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:27:59 GMT
I'm not familar with tomcat and axis, but with xml-security:

The org/apache/xml/security/utils/IdResolver#registerElementById method tries to tell Xerces
that a particular Element is assigned a given ID value, so that getElementByID works on that
ID. So you must pass

 <Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;Ljava/lang/String;>V> Incompatible object argument for function
call.

an Element and the string containing the ID: It seems that you do not do this:

Element bodyElement = ...
String ID = "Body"
registerElementByID(bodyElement, ID);

But the problem is that the code is called from ResolverFragment which should use it properly.

Do u use Xerces?

Christian

--On Freitag, 26. Juli 2002 00:58 +0000 jaeho Lee <bcman75@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running Tomcat4.0 and J2SDK1.4.0 on Windows 2000 Pro.
> While I was working on the security sample, demonstrating how to use the Axis architecture
to add  digital signatures to my application, because of the error I cannot run this sample.
Could you please give me some advice on this matter?

> Basically, I have two problems. My problems are as follows.
> 1. error message "Incompatible object argument for function call."
> 2. if i click on (wsdl) for LogTestService deployed Web service to make sure, my web
service is NOT up and running (Nothing shows up).

> I changed service name to "LogTestService" instead of using "http://localhost:/8080/LogTestService".
>
> Here is what i did.
>
> <deployment xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
>             xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java">
>
>   <!-- define the logging handler configuration -->
> <handler name="track" type="java:samples.security.LogHandler">
>   <parameter name="filename" value="MyService.log"/>
> </handler>
>
> <!-- define the service, using the log handler we just defined -->
> <service name="LogTestService" provider="java:RPC">
>   <requestFlow>
>    <handler type="track"/>
>   </requestFlow>
>
>   <parameter name="className" value="samples.security.Service"/>
>   <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*"/>
> </service>
>
> </deployment>
>

> And then, after i run the Tomcat, if i try to run the client application, I get this
error messages -->

> :  Exception in thread "main" java.lan.VerifyError: <class" org/apache/xml/security/utils/IdResolver,
method: registerElementById signature: <Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;Ljava/lang/String;>V>
Incompatible object argument for function call.

> Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
> (C) Copyright 1985-1999 Microsoft Corp.
>
> C:\>cd ax*
>
> C:\axis-1_0>cd samples
>
> C:\axis-1_0\samples>cd security
>
> C:\axis-1_0\samples\security>java samples.security.Client
> Beginning Client signing...
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/xml/securit
> y/utils/IdResolver, method: registerElementById signature: (Lorg/w3c/dom/Element
> ;Ljava/lang/String;)V) Incompatible object argument for function call
>         at org.apache.xml.security.utils.resolver.implementations.ResolverFragme
> nt.engineResolve(ResolverFragment.java:141)
>         at org.apache.xml.security.utils.resolver.ResourceResolver.resolve(Resou
> rceResolver.java:294)
>         at org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.dereferenceURIandPerformT
> ransforms(Reference.java:480)
>         at org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.getReferencedBytes(Refere
> nce.java:541)
>         at org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.calculateDigest(Reference
> .java:566)
>         at org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.generateDigestValue(Refer
> ence.java:439)
>         at org.apache.xml.security.signature.Manifest.generateDigestValues(Manif
> est.java:211)
>         at org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.sign(XMLSignature.java
> :422)
>         at samples.security.SignedSOAPEnvelope.init(SignedSOAPEnvelope.java:149)
>
>         at samples.security.SignedSOAPEnvelope.<init>(SignedSOAPEnvelope.java:10
> 7)
>         at samples.security.Client.main(Client.java:80)
>

> Also, if i go to the start page of the webapp, i can see that Web Services registered.
But if i click on (wsdl) for LogTestService deployed Web service to make sure that my web
service is up and running, nothing shows up.