axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for xsd:anyURI - Proposal
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:24:44 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:
 > Typing is critically important when passing data around.  If you have
 > an AxisURI class, you can unambigiously know how to serialize that on
 > the wire in exchange for a little added complexity setting/getting
 > values.  I think this is the right way to go - otherwise you risk
 > major interoperability problems unless you are VERY careful with your
 > metadata.

The very real risk exists that every component that one deploys in a
system defined their own mapping of XML concepts to their own component
specific type.  I would suggest that if we don't find an existing Java
construct to map to, then we should work with the JAX RPC experts group
to define one.

- Sam Ruby