axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Uwe Hanisch <Uwe.Hani...@t-systems.com>
Subject Re: Support for xsd:anyURI - Proposal
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:51:37 GMT
But in the case of a mapping to a string we lost the chance of
a strong type mapping. Sometimes it takes a long time until
you realize that the string comes over a protocol has not
the right format.

So it seems to me easier to describe this beahivor in the
"#  XML <-> Java Data Mapping in Axis" section of the user
guide.

New idea:
---------
If we add a registration of the string class in the try
block, code devolped with JDK < 1.4 should also run when
we switch to JDK 1.4 (supposing that is default behavior
of changing the used JDK):

          myRegister(Constants.XSD_ANYURI,    java.net.URL.class,
                     null, null, false);
          try {
              Class uriClass = ClassUtils.forName("java.net.URI");
              myRegister(Constants.XSD_ANYURI,    java.lang.String.class,
                         null, null, true);
              myRegister(Constants.XSD_ANYURI,    uriClass,
                         null, null, false);
          } catch(ClassNotFoundException ex){
              myRegister(Constants.XSD_ANYURI,    java.lang.String.class,
                         null, null, true);
          }

Uwe