axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From <Geza.Sz...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: code contribution
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:53:45 GMT
Hi,

Well, as I see it, there is no need to further modularize HTTPSender.
The additional code can be inserted directly into HTTPSender. This can be
done in a pretty easy way, so the existing code will not be messed up,
only additional functionality is added.

As I wrote Digest authentication needs in most cases two requests to
be sent, and this can be solved only in HTTPSender (I guess).

The alias support could be further modularized, but in this case, one
(or more) request parameter has to be sent to the SocketFactory. :(

The code I sent you previously is up to date, and can replace HTTPSender
as a whole, the changes are marked with comments. Only the contant values
have to be added in HTTPConstants. Of course it should be overviewed against
possible errors, but I guess at this time no further restructuring is
needed to add this code.
The Digest authentication can be further improved later.

Here I send you the code once more.

 Br, Geza

P.S. Please CC the response to my address too, and if you have other ideas
please write me.