axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Baker <dist...@acm.org>
Subject Re: SOAP 1.2, GET, and Axis
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:54:49 GMT
On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 05:49:55PM -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
> > -Apache Axis will strongly discourage the use of request parameters in the
> > URL, to the point of making it hard to extract such information from the
> > request, and providing no documentation (other than the source) on how to do
> > so.
>
> Opaque URLs are sufficient until a standard exists in this area.

BTW, in one of my previous emails I stated that we'd need something like
HTML forms in order to support parameterizing our URIs.  WSDL can
actually play that role.

You might do a GET on http://foo.org/stock-quote/ which would return
a WSDL document which says that you can append a query term "q" to
that URI and specify a ticker symbol (like an HTML form does).  That
would allow the client to build this URI;

http://foo.org/stock-quote/?q=sunw

Upon which a GET could be invoked to return the quote for SUNW (as a
SOAP envelope, of course).

I told you it was a different way to use SOAP! 8-)

MB