axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Baker <dist...@acm.org>
Subject Re: SOAP 1.2, GET, and Axis
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:47:58 GMT
On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 12:09:11PM -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Where I didn't expect you to head was to indicate that the HTTP verb set
> was so pervasive that the use of the method "GET" was is so self-evident
> independent of underlying protocol that no further qualification was
> necessary.

Ah, ok, I see what you're getting at.  Good point.  I was just
considering namespace qualification for the purposes of unambiguous
identification of the semantics to the library, not as a mechanism for
interfacing with the developer.

So what about;

setOperationName( WebMethod.GET );

or

setOperationName( new WebMethod( "GET" ) );

etc..

i.e. still provide some context for the developer, but none that
requires a QName.

Not that I've got anything against QNames, but I don't see the URI
being used for anything except as an aid to the developer - just as
those suggestions of mine above do, in a simpler form.

MB