axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Fishman, Richard" <Richard.Fish...@bcbsfl.com>
Subject How to hook in a JMS transport
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:34:51 GMT
If this is the wrong place to ask this question, please let me know. I tried
the user mailing list but have not been successful in getting responses and
there seems to be no documentation on the subject.

I'm trying, like others, to implement a JMS Transport.

This is what I would like to do and I assume that Axis is architected this
way.

I would like to use an endpoint URL that looks like this:
"jms://queueConnectionFactoryName/queueName".

Then I would like to use a deployment descriptor that looks like this:

 <deployment...>
   <handler name="JMSDispatcher" type="java:JMSSender">
      <parameters that describe the JNDI provider....>
   </handler>
   <transport name="jms" pivot="JMSDispatcher"/>
 </deployment>

Then I would do this:

 Call.addTransportPackage("whatever.package");
 Call.setTransportForProtocol("jms", JMSTransport.class);

In my mind, this should hook JMS endpoints with the JMSTransport class.

Is this the way the framework was designed or am I offbase?

Regards,

Rick Fishman
TECHNICAL ARCHITECTURE SERVICES
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
DCC 6-5 203, Ext. 51987
e-mail: richard.fishman@bcbsfl.com
Phone: (904) 905-1987

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any
personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of
Florida, Inc.