axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: WSDL Ant Tasks
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 01:20:34 GMT
how about

1. axis-tools.jar  containing any and all extensions to axis at dev time;
this can depend on axis.jar but not vice versa. We should still release
stuff in sync, of course.

2. The ant tasks go in there; I have a reworked version that hands off the
type conversion to ant, and is a bit stricter, but I dont change the default
behaviour from options that are only valid for testing, not real use (eg
dont throw any build exception if there is trouble but the wsdl is from a
remote url)

3. in the axis-tools.jar, set the options for the task to be more rigorous
than test

4. have a properties file, axis.properties that you can load via <taskdef>;
this defines the tasks

5. use full names like axis-wsdl2java and axis-java2wsdl to
   a) let the old and the new live side by side
   b) let the ant team write a facade wsdl2java, java2wsdl task if ever the
urge arises, and not have the axis tasks conflict

6. autogenerate the task docs from the javadocs (I know how to do that, it
is slick, look at setproxy http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/index.html
for an example)