axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Servlet engine (was RE: AxisServletBase)
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:50:25 GMT
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Tom Jordahl wrote:

> Steve,
>
> There was a person who was working on a more functional web based admin
> (Alan) and he proposed including the Jetty servlet engine in with the
> axis kit so his jsp pages could be used and tested and to facilitate
> getting web services up and running quickly without having to install
> and configure Tomcat.  I was very supportive of this idea, but he
> seemed to have lost interest (or time).
>
> What servlet engine would you use for the testing?  How would it be
> integrated in to the tree?

There is a nice/interesting project on sf - www.sf.net/projects/aft.

It uses and embeded tomcat33 container ( 1.2M ) - and is specifically
designed to test both sides, by starting the container from inside
ant and intercepting the incomming requests. The code is based on ant,
some tomcat testing tasks and a lot of support for manipulating and
matching XML requests/responses.

You may want to take a look - I don't know too many details, cocoon
is a place to ask for more.

Costin