axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Sitze" <>
Subject Re: JWSProcesor/Handler patches.
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 22:16:44 GMT

I've got this... I'm going to make some changes before I check it in.

Richard A. Sitze
CORBA Interoperability & WebServices
IBM WebSphere Development

                      "Simon Tuffs"
                      <simon.                  To:      <>
                      tuffs@lutris.            cc:
                      com>                     Subject: JWSProcesor/Handler patches.
                      06/05/2002 04:52
                      Please respond
                      to axis-dev

I'd like to submit a patch that makes the following  changes to the JWS
processing supported by Axis.  I needed these changes to  implement a small
project I've been working on:

    o    Allows the  scope of a JWS hander service object to be specified
in the server-config.wsdd  file, e.g.

     <handler  type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.JWSHandler">
         <parameter name="scope" value="session"/>

    o    Allows  multiple kinds of JWS handler to be set on the global
chain, associated with a  file-extension (so for example allowing .jwr
files to be scoped as request  scope):

     <handler  type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.JWSHandler">
         <parameter name="scope"  value="request"/>
        <parameter  name="extension" value=".jwr"/>

    o    Cleans up  various constant strings used in the JavaProvider

    o    Uses a cache  for JWS rpc objects to they don't have to be re-
instantiated on each  request.

The attached patch file should be appliedf from the  'java' level down

    patch -p0 <  patch.dif

Thanks, and keep up the excellent Axis work.   Let me know if the patch
file give you any trouble.

Simon  Tuffs
Staff Engineer, Lutris  Technologies Inc (

#### patch.dif has been removed from this note on June 05 2002 by Richard

View raw message