axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From sc...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: xsd:any as opposed to Element in Axis SOAP
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:34:39 GMT
I think you want to user xsd:anyType.  Let me know if you continue to have
problems.

Rich 'Shirley' Scheuerle
IBM WebSphere & Axis Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      "Bob Powell"

                      <bob@bobpowell.          To:       <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>

                      net>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  xsd:any as opposed to Element in
Axis SOAP
                      06/28/2002 08:24

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

I need to create a web service with a parameter type of xsd:strng and a
return type of xsd:any as opposed to tns1:element (where tns1 is xmlns:tns1
="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap")

original WSDL element:  <wsdl:part name="in0" type="tns1:Element" />
desred WSDL element: wsdl:part name="sql" type="xsd:string" />

original WSDL element:  <wsdl:part name="return" type="tns1:Element" />
desired WSDL element: <wsdl:part name="return" type="xsd:any" />

When I use WSDL2Java to generate the service from my desired service
description I get the error...

java.io.IOException: Type http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:any is
referenced but not defined.
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(SymbolTable.
java:405)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:331)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:188)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:155)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java$WSDLRunnable.run(WSDL2Java.java:725)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

TIA.

Bob.

Visit NetEdge Software to find out about the Web Service Enabler.
Enable all your legacy VB6 applications to seamlessly connect to .NET web-
services.
http://www.netedgesoftware.com
Need answers for your .NET questions? Why not buy my book C# and the .NET
framework
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/067232153X/bobpowelnet