axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Duftler" <>
Subject Re: [jsr110-eg-disc] QName
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:53:41 GMT

Hi Glen,

I have one other question: Your QName class is tagged Serializable, and you
are using String-valued fields which are intern'd. Don't you need to
implement the readObject(ObjectInputStream) method to ensure that the
resurrected values are intern'd as well?

|         |           Matthew          |
|         |           Duftler/Watson/IB|
|         |           M@IBMUS          |
|         |           06/19/02 02:44 PM|
|         |           jsr110-eg-disc   |
  |       To:,
  |       cc:       "''" <>
  |       Subject:  Re: [jsr110-eg-disc] QName

Hi Glen,

I'm going through the QName changes now, and I have a quick question:

The API docs for QName.valueOf(String) state that the String argument must
be in the form returned by QName.toString(), {namespaceURI}localPart.
However, the QName.toString() method appears to return namespaceURI:
localPart. Do you have info on which is the correct behavior? Since the API
docs come from the JAX-RPC spec, I would assume the toString behavior is
wrong, but this is the first I'm really looking at javax.xml.namespace.
QName, so I want to be sure.

Glen Daniels <>

                               Daniels   To: "'jsr110-eg-
                               <gdaniels'" <jsr110-
                     >   cc:
                                         Subject: [jsr110-eg-disc] QName
                               09:41 AM

Hi folks!

So JAX-RPC final includes the new javax.xml.namespace.QName class, which
will eventually be rolled into JAXP as discussed a while ago on this and
other lists. Axis has already switched over to the new class, and I'm
wondering whether you guys could do the replacement of javax.wsdl.QName
with the new class anytime soon? This would make life much easier for
anyone using both WSDL4J and Axis/JAX-RPC....

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to