axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSDL Parameter order w/doclit
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2002 10:05:28 GMT
Russell Butek wrote:

> The WSDL is illegal.  Two problems with parameterOrder.  First, as you
> said, it should list the parts.  Secondly, as Sanjiva tells me, if
> parameterOrder is used at all, it is illegal to NOT list all input
> parameters.  Yes, this is a doc/lit WSDL, but that really just means that
> it sends a doc/lit message.  We're generating RPC-style bindings whether or
> not it's rpc/encoded, so we can't ignore the parameterOrder "hint".

Illegal is a strong word - can you point to a reference?  I can't find this
restriction in the WSDL documentation, and furthermore it does seem to go
out of its way to refer to this as a hint.

>From their perspective, they *ARE* listing all of the parameters -
WSDL2Java simply differs in its interpretation of what the parameters
are...

Net: the WSDL doc doesn't seem to preclude this.  Other toolkits don't seem
to mind.  Nothing against Sanjiva, but I would like something a little more
authoritative than "Sanjiva tells me".  ;-)

- Sam Ruby