axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From bu...@us.ibm.com
Subject RE: [jsr110-eg-disc] QName (COMMITTERS PLEASE READ)
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:11:49 GMT
The old AXIS QName didn't have the valueOf method, so old stuff would never
get confused.  Just my 2 cents.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Wes Moulder" <wes@themindelectric.com> on 06/20/2002 12:13:54 PM

To:    <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    RE: [jsr110-eg-disc] QName (COMMITTERS PLEASE READ)

Sam,
Since you're not 1.0, and theoretically people shouldn't be relying on
this behaviour in your implementation, the answer is, there's no
compelling reason to support it, but it's a nice to have in case anyone
actually was relying on it.
I just piped up because I thought it was an "obvious" alternative, and
works out better in that the localPart wouldn't end up in an illegal
state through attempting to use the old Axis form.

--Wes