axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From blake biesecker <bla...@Snapnames.com>
Subject RE: C# client, java server
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:18:20 GMT

Blake

-----Original Message-----
From: Pop Marius [mailto:pop@regens.hu]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 7:26 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: C# client, java server

Hi everybody !
I am going to describe you my problem:

I use Tomcat 4.0.3 application server and I have java classes under a web
application. From these classes I want to call methods via SOAP.
My client is C# from Visual Studio .net.
Lets have an example:

public class X {
    private String prop1;
    private String prop2;
    // I have also defined getter/setter methods below
}

public class Y {
    public void method1(X obj) {
    }

    public Vector method2() {
        return a Vector by X type objects..
    }
}

Thus, I told to SOAP that I am about to use method1, method2 methods.
But, unfortunetly my client is C# so I have to prepare my method1 call from
C#.

Question: How can I manipulate data types between C#, java because there are
2 different languages, with different data types, even if I declare a X
class in C# and I pass it to method1 ,my server will recognize it?

>From client to server we should always to pass primitive types as parameters
?

For method2 which returns a Vector by X objects I found a solution: I read
SOAP envelope (nodes) but it's very hard work to get datas from XML and to
put it somewhere in client objects or variables. Do you have a better idea ?

So, it would be nice if one of you will point me in the right direction,
probably I misunderstood  all and there are other ways to resolve the
problem

Thanks in advance !
Pop Marius Lucian