axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject Skeletons and WSDL generation
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 17:08:13 GMT

During the SOAP builders interop event this week, several implementations had trouble with
our generated WSDL because of the meta-data APIs that are in the skeleton class.  By default,
the service description is output in the deploy.wsdd, and the Java Impl class is used to generate
the WSDL.  If skeletons are turned on, we use the functions in the skeleton to get the service
description.

Anyway, the upshot is that when the skeleton functions are present, the WSDL generation needs
to detect this and exclude the  metadata functions from the operation list.

I was unable to fix this on the fly this week and I will be at w3c meeting next week, so I
am unable to set about fixing this myself.  Thus this note in hopes that someone else will
be able to pick this up.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia