axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <>
Subject RE: [jsr110-eg-disc] QName (COMMITTERS PLEASE READ)
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:52:09 GMT

> > Axis committers - cool with y'all if I yank our QName
> implementation
> > and add the jax-qname.jar to our lib dir?
> The license for that jar precludes us checking it into cvs.
> We are free
> to include it into our packaged distributions.

> That being said, why is the version skew problem any worse for this
> class than for the remainder of the jax rpc classes?

I was getting to that - my suggestion was going to be that we remove all the JAX-RPC API classes
from our source as well, and use the standard API jar from Sun, but again if licensing problems
would prevent that, it might be a problem.

I suppose we can just deal with the potential skew problems, but it would be nicer to all
use the exact same files.  Sigh.

So does Xerces manage their own API classes for JAXP?

View raw message