axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Fernandez Martinez, Alejandro" <a.fernandez.marti...@ibermatica.com>
Subject RE: Axis Re-architecture
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:13:05 GMT
Hi Glen,

[snip]

> I think:
>
> - Bug fixing / interop is critical.
> - JAX-RPC compliance is critical.
> - TCK compliance is critical.
> - SOAP 1.2 compliance is slightly less important, but still critical.
> - Performance and ease of use are also in the fairly critical
> category, IMHO.
>
> I don't see much else (i.e. refactoring, code cleanup, etc)
> as being that
> critical right now, to tell you the truth.

IMHO, refactoring is never critical in itself. Except that it facilitates
bug fixing and performance. And also adding new functionalities. Most of the
time, it takes less time to refactor, then add code to something you don't
understand well; than adding it no matter what.

But of course you know that. In my projects, I always prefer a
refactor-as-you-go attitude, but here in Axis I'm a complete outsider. Just
wanted to give my opinion.

Un saludo,

Alex Fernández.