axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeson Martajaya <je...@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject Axis can't run in JDK 1.3, Tomcat is instable in JDK 1.4
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:00:52 GMT
Its a really really bad news,

I just installed Tomcat 4 (v4.0 and 4.1 are the same thing) under JDK1.4.0_01
The examples included in Tomcat package were running perfectly. However, when
I try to write one, with extended feature (such as using the latest mm.mysql
JDBC driver), it start to behave erratically by showing this "Internal Server
Error" error message. Turns out, this behavior is also mentioned in Tomcat's
documentation (reference below) Then I installed JDK1.3.1_03 and restart
Tomcat to run under it. Turns out, it runs PERFECTLY SMOOTH without further
modification on my code.

Now I'm trying to install Apache Axis-beta-2 to Tomcat. Followed the Axis
installation procedure, and everything went correctly until I can access the
Axis's AdminServer from browser. Now, when I try to deploy a .jws file into
Axis directory, I can't access it at all, showing another "Internal Server
Error" with all error messages pointing to Axis
(org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke). I thought this is due to
my JDK1.3, so I downloaded the entire source code from CVS, and I found that
AXIS REQUIRES CLASSES SPECIFIC TO JDK1.4, such as (org.xml.sax,
javax.xml.parser,  etc)

My goal is to make Tomcat run STABLE in AXIS, but now I am in complete
deadlock here. Anybody care to share?