axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Axis and JMX ?
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:52:46 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <costinm@covalent.net>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 9:55 AM
Subject: Axis and JMX ?

> Is there any plan to add JMX support in Axis ? Both configuration
> and to extract status information and statistics.

it would be nice, would it not?

The AxisServletBase class I have just added has a load counter that logs
system load; that is the kind of thing that jmx should get at.

> You may know that - but there are 2 'utils' that allow you to
> transparently add JMX, without modifying a single line of code.
> One is the modeler ( that use an xml file to describe the attributes
> and classes ) and the other one is in tomcat utils, and uses
> introspection to expose all public getters/setters with supported
> types.

Also there is the <jmxdoclet> stuff in XDoclet to generate the
descriptors/interface classes from metadata tags in the files. That would
seem a better approach to me.

I am sure if you want to add MX4J support, nobody will stop you, as long as
it doesnt impact the rest of development.