axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Re: Axis Re-architecture
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:23:41 GMT

  From: Fernandez Martinez, Alejandro
  To: 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 3:13 PM
  Subject: RE: Axis Re-architecture

  [snip]

  > I think:
  >
  > - Bug fixing / interop is critical.
  > - JAX-RPC compliance is critical.
  > - TCK compliance is critical.
  > - SOAP 1.2 compliance is slightly less important, but still critical.
  > - Performance and ease of use are also in the fairly critical
  > category, IMHO.
  >
  > I don't see much else (i.e. refactoring, code cleanup, etc)
  > as being that
  > critical right now, to tell you the truth.

  IMHO, refactoring is never critical in itself. Except that it facilitates bug fixing and
performance. And also adding new functionalities. Most of the time, it takes less time to
refactor, then add code to something you don't understand well; than adding it no matter what.

  But of course you know that. In my projects, I always prefer a refactor-as-you-go attitude,
but here in Axis I'm a complete outsider. Just wanted to give my opinion.

  Un saludo,

  Alex Fernández.