axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Wes Moulder" <...@themindelectric.com>
Subject RE: [jsr110-eg-disc] QName (COMMITTERS PLEASE READ)
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:45:20 GMT
Ya'll might not like me stepping in here, but I have two questions about
this:
a)       isn't a local part of "one:two" illegal?
b)       Why not make your QName do both from the valueOf() method?

It should be trivially easy to figure out which one of the two forms the
string is in, and since a : is illegal in an NCName (what the localpart
is defined as), it shouldn't be difficult to figure out which form it's
in.

--Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: butek@us.ibm.com [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 8:16 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: [jsr110-eg-disc] QName (COMMITTERS PLEASE READ)

+1 (as long as our build and the TCK continue to work, of course)
(grumblegrumblegrumble - yet ANOTHER jar file to deal with!)

Matt DOES raise a puzzling question, though. Here are some simple tests
of this new QName:

valueOf("{one}two") results in namespace="one", localPart="two" and
toString()="{one}two"
valueOf("one:two") results in namespace="", localPart="one:two" and
toString()="one:two"

This NEW QName.toString() DOES return "{namespace}localPart". This is
the first time I've encountered that! I guess we have to toe the line.
I'll be curious to see whether that breaks our build or not.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com