axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Axis Installation Error in Tomcat
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 07:05:48 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ramamoorthy Namachivayam" <rampriyak@yahoo.com>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 23:29
Subject: Re: Axis Installation Error in Tomcat

> Dear Scott,
>
> I hv just followed the steps as per your statement and
> the doc.I hv started the tomcat from the bin directory
> using the startup.bat.Then i switched over to the
> dirctory where the deploy.wsdd is available.Then i set
> the classpath for the jar files from this position.
> I was getting the error as below.

D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes\samples\transport>java
> or
> apache.axis.client.AdminClient -
> lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminSer
> ce deploy.wsdd
> - Processing file
> lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService
> - Exception:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminServi
>  (The system cannot find the path specified)

how to debug.

1. look at the obvious problems
2. worry about the sublties later
3. dont bother escalating till you have done #1, because the lead time for a
useful response can be days; you are always faster fixing it yourself.

So, rather than make any suggestions on fixes, I will state the obvious. A
file not found exception means that the web page isnt found. What url are
you *really* sending to the client; can you see it in a web page.