axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <...@hursley.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [WSIF] Dependency on JROM
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:28:02 GMT
JROM - Registration processDims

We understand this is an issue, but we didn't want to hold up the open sourcing of WSIF for
it. We are working on some options to solve this.

Paul

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Davanum Srinivas
  To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 10:06 PM
  Subject: [WSIF] Dependency on JROM

  Sanjiva, WSIF Folks,

  Just tried to download JROM from Alphaworks. The Licensing terms (see enclosed copy) makes
it
  totally unusable in any context. Can you please get rid of JROM dependency from WSIF.

  Thanks,
  dims

  "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com> writes:
  > "Jeremy Hughes" <Jeremy.Hughes@uk.ibm.com> writes:
  > > We have placed the initial code drop for WSIF into the xml-axis-wsif
  > > repository. There are two reasons why the code won't build for you which
  > we
  > > are working through:
  > >
  > > 1) We are using a patched version of WSDL4J. We are working on including
  > > our patch in the WSDL4J source tree. Importantly this changes JSR110
  > >
  > > 2) We use the Java Record Object Model library (JROM). Which is in the
  > > process of being made available as a binary ... should be available
  > anytime
  > > soon.
  >
  > JROM will be going up on alphaWorks early next week, either Monday or
  > Tuesday. Sorry about the delay!
  >
  > Sanjiva.

  =====
  Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/

  http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

                All alphaWorks................. Java T Security Web services Wireless XML
Collaboration................. Application   Development Data Analysis   /Management Systems
  Management................. developerWorks.................All of IBM

             IBM home  |  Products & services  |  Support & downloads   |  My account

         Select a country     12 June 2002

          developerWorks

                alphaWorks
                Licensing

                Discussion Forums

                alphaWorks Newsletters

                Emerging Technologies

             All

             Java

             XML

             Web Services

             Wireless

             Collaboration

              more...
                 - Select -SecurityApplication  DevelopmentSystems  Management----------Site
map
              find a technology

             alphaWorks

                          alphaWorks 90 Day Trial License Agreement
                          IBM ALPHAWORKS LICENSE AGREEMENT
                          Please read this IBM alphaWorks license agreement (called the "Agreement")
carefully. Your use of the software or any related documentation (called the "Software") indicates
your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms
and conditions, you may not install or use the Software.

                          Notice: The Software that is made available through the alphaWorks
project is not generally available software. It has not undergone complete testing and may
contain errors. It may not function properly and is subject to change or withdrawal at any
time. No support or maintenance is provided with the Software. Do not install this software
if you are not accustomed to using experimental software.

                          The alphaWorks Software is made available without charge in the
experimental stage in order to allow you to evaluate the Software in its developmental stage.
We encourage your feedback and suggestions.

                          1. Ownership and License.

                          The Software is owned by International Business Machines Corporation
or one of its subsidiaries ("IBM") and is copyrighted and licensed, not sold.

                          IBM grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to download
the Software and use it only for your personal, non-commercial and lawful end use. Implied
licenses are negated.

                          You may copy the Software for backup only. You may not: 1) merge,
distribute (for free or for sale) or sublicense the Software; 2) reverse assemble, reverse
compile, or otherwise translate the Software.

                          2. Term and Termination

                          This Agreement will terminate ninety (90) days after the date on
which you receive the Software. Upon such termination you will delete or destroy all copies
of the Software.

                          3. Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability

                          IBM licenses the Software to you on an "as is" basis, without warranty
of any kind. IBM hereby expressly disclaims all warranties or conditions, either express or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties or conditions of merchantability
and fitness for a particular purpose. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness
of using this Software and assume all risks associated with the use of this Software, including
but not limited to the risks of program errors, damage to or loss of data, programs or equipment,
and unavailability or interruption of operations. Some jurisdictions do not allow for the
exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, so the above limitations or exclusions may
not apply to you.

                          IBM will not be liable for any direct damages or for any special,
incidental, or indirect damages or for any economic consequential damages (including lost
profits or savings), even if IBM has been advised of the possibility of such damages. IBM
will not be liable for the loss of, or damage to, your records or data, or any damages claimed
by you based on a third party claim. Some jurisdictions do not allow for the exclusion or
limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions
may not apply to you.

                          4. License Rights

                          You hereby grant to IBM an irrevocable license under all intellectual
property rights (including copyright) to use, copy, distribute, sublicense, display, perform
and prepare derivative works based upon any feedback, including materials, fixes, error corrections,
enhancements, suggestions and the like that you provide to IBM.

                          5. General

                          This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New York.

                          This Agreement is the only understanding and agreement we have regarding
your use of the Software. It supersedes all other communications, understandings or agreements
we may have had prior to this Agreement.

                          The fields indicated with an asterisk are required to complete this
transaction; other fields are optional. If you do not want to provide us with the required
information, please use the back button on your browser to return to the previous page.

                          *First Name:
                          *Last Name:
                          *E-mail Address:
                          Company:
                          This data may be used to provide you with information from IBM or
selected organizations worldwide about products, services, or activities that may be of interest
to you.

                            I ACCEPT THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT
                          Please do not use my information collected here for future marketing
communications beyond the scope of this transaction.

                          Yes. You may also send me this information by e-mail.

                About IBM  |  Privacy  |  Legal  |  Contact