axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SerializationContext/DeserializationContext cleanup?
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 19:40:28 GMT
Generally, separating interfaces from implementation is a good thing.

For one, it gives us the opportunity to make this a pluggable piece in the
future.

Also it establishes better boundaries between the components.  Before I
made these changes,
there was a lot of interactions between components using public or package
visible fields.

I feel that the Context classes are a lot better off (and remain better
organized) now that we have
interfaces.  I would vote -1 to removing the interfaces.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com>