axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSIF package names
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 17:56:25 GMT
+1 to org.apache.wsif.wsdl.extensions.

A comment about the code.  Might it be possible to replace all the import
wildcards with explicit imports?  I know some IDE's do that fairly easily,
and if you happen to be using one of those, I'd appreciate it.

Import wildcards are a personal pet peeve of mine.  They make developing
the code easier, but development is a very tiny part of the total life
cycle of code.  Most of its time is spent in maintenance or - particularly
in the case of opensource code - learning the code, and most of the people
maintaining/learning the code have no clue about its structure.  If you
don't happen to have a friendly IDE that tells you where a class comes
from, the import statement is the next easiest way to find its source.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Jeremy Hughes/UK/IBM@IBMGB on 05/28/2002 12:14:15 PM