axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: When adding new function
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 14:56:21 GMT

>Not only do I agree, I would VOTE on getting **significant**
>changes/function documented (rough would be find) and APPROVED
>before implementing.

I agree in principle, but I wouldn't like to commit speculative design
changes into cvs and then seek approval as this would render the cvs
documentation and code inconsistent. I'd prefer to use axis-dev to notify
design intentions and then, when consensus is reached or assumed, build
those notes into the cvs docs along with the code changes etc. and commit
them together.

Also, I wonder if we should be consistently using the cvs contents such as
the docs to describe facts and the cvs commit logs to summarise *changes*
to the facts? I don't like seeing useful design notes get 'hidden' in cvs
logs.

Glyn